Friday, January 2, 2009

odds and ends

An update on the no-powie deal: she could care less about it but is still screaming her guts out every time we put her in bed and then again every time she wakes up at night. I gave in last night and asked her if she wanted it back and she didn't so her sleep issues are not about that which is a good thing I guess. She now wants her door open all night but that means the cats can get in there at night and lay on her bed which freaks her out and makes her cry...so cry with the door shut or cry with it open...I vote closed! She only screamed for 45 minutes at midnight before she fell asleep and was off and on with it starting at 6 this morning. Ridiculous. My sympathy is waning big time for it so it's a little easier to tune it out. Here's a list of the things she asked to have/do at midnight:
powie, finish watching Wall-E, watch cartoons, leave the door open, turn the light on, cuddles, a kiss, a hug, show me she was done fussing (obviously a lie!), go downstairs, take Dora toy out, read books, read nite-nite book just one more time, go to Grammy's, polka dot sheets, put clothes on, put clothes on - go to Grammy's - and play piano
All of these were repeated at least 3 time before she moved on to the next one. It actually got pretty comical after awhile listening to all the weird things she came up with, hoping one would get us to open the door. Okay, enough of the sleep stuff.


The other night we were eating dinner and she kept telling me that the bunny rabbit was going to get her blocks. I had no idea what she was talking about and asked her a bunch of questions to figure it out. Finally I told her we'd go check it out after we were done eating. I pointed out a bunch of things but couldn't figure out what the bunny rabbit was...I did narrow it down to the curtain/valance above the window and just chalked it up to a 2-year-olds imagination. About 20 minutes later I was sitting in the recliner and looked up and here's what I saw...

See the bunny shadow in the middle? When I asked her if that was it she gave me a big smile and said "YES!!!!" and then looked at me like "Wow, I'm glad you're not totally dumb!" oh kids.



She's also now obsessed with some bubble game on Jerry's pda and actually did a pretty good job at doing it herself. She's going to be more tech-savvy than I am by the age of 4...sad.

sleepy head

And in Trey news...he is now my favorite child. So easy and lovey and cute. He sleeps so well, if he wakes up at night it only takes him a couple minutes to get himself back to sleep. He's getting a lot of new teeth in but doesn't get irritated by it unless you try and touch his gums. He's eating food now...I found that he just likes a chunkier texture to things. And he's just so fun to watch. Ahhh, at least one of my kids is sweet right now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only mom who has no sympathy for kids screaming and crying for no apparent reason in the middle of the night!! I just bought a "kids clock" that turns green at a certain time in the morning showing the kids they can get out of bed! I was so tired of Isaiah getting out of bed at 1:30am or 5am saying "good morning, I'm up"!!! AHHHHH!!! So glad we decided to have another one! ~Kristen