Friday, January 23, 2009

Potty Time!

Her Majesty has requested that she now use the "throne" for all "official business" AKA it's POTTY TIME!
I put her in a fresh diaper this morning and a few minutes later she was rooting around for a burp cloth for Trey and came across her package of Ariel undies. She brought them to me and wanted to put a pair on. I told her that she couldn't wear a diaper with them and would have to use the big girl potty if she had any business to do and she said that was okay. So I asked her every 5 minutes for the next hour if she needed to go pee and eventually she did. We sat down and lo and behold, IT WORKED. Usually we spend 10 minutes sitting there only to get a diaper back on and then pee. I was very proud of her and showed her some serious love and then doled out the much anticipated cup of M&Ms...really there were only about 8 in there but it looked like a lot to her. We have now gone 7 times in the potty, have kept everything dry and I am hoping like heck that this is the beginning of a trend...not a one-day-wonder. I think we may take her to do some undie shopping today!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Woo-hoo! Hats off to the potty efforts in your house! Ours are going fairly well... He even TOLD me he had to go poopie the other night, and held it until he was on the toilet. I made him a milkshake, and of course my aunt asked, "So are you going to make him a milkshake every time?" I replied, "It beats cleaning up ____ from his undies!"

Anonymous said...

YAY! I was so happy when they when it was over. Well for one, the other still has night time issues. I actually wanted to comment on her hair. It's ADORABLE!!!