Saturday, January 17, 2009

Pick One

I like to give Abby choices between two things for a variety of reasons. Mostly when it's about somthing she doesn't want to do, like go to bed. If she whines about going to sleep I ask her if she wants to walk upstairs or be carried...takes all the discussion out of whether it's bedtime or not. She's getting older and wiser everyday and starting to use my tactics against me. Here's our conversation from yesterday:

Abby: Mom, do you want to play puzzle with me? (it's a 100-piece princess one and her fave)
Me: No Abby, not right now.
Abby: Mom, do you want to bake cookies?
Me: No Abby, it's 9 o'clock, maybe later.
Abby: okay.

5 minutes later she comes back

Abby: Okay, Mom, do you want to do puzzle or make cookies? You pick. Okay, you pick, puzzle or cookies. Pick one.
Me: *holding back some serious laughter* You win Abby, I pick puzzle.
Abby: OKAY!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Note to Moms: Your kids are never far behind you........and then one day they are WAY ahead of you! Momma Bear

Unknown said...

It's said when we're beat by the logic of a two year old!

Tiff said...

HeeHee! You have a smart one there!