Sunday, August 31, 2008

Babies and Me

Jerry is off working a 24 hour shift so it's just the kids and I until tomorrow. It has been a relatively quiet day so far....but there's still a little while before bed time. Abby really wanted to go to the coffee stand for chocolate milk this morning (no prompting from me!) and I told her we could go after baby Trey woke up. She wanted me to go wake him up right then... I wisely told her no...we don't wake sleeping babies. Finally he woke up, I fed him, got the kids in the car and to the stand we went, jammies and all. Ranelle (Abby's fave!) was working and when we left Abby said "Mommy talk to Ranelle. Abby say hi. Abby no crying. Abby nice." We've really been working on getting her to be polite...usually she gets all bent out of shape and starts crying and fussing when we see people, so I was proud of her for being nice and recognizing that she was nice. Baby steps. After my delicious coffee I put Abby down for a nap and fed Trey and then he went down so I managed to get the laundry started. I got everything that had been washed earlier in the week put away...I have to wait until I'm alone to do that, otherwise I have "help". Trey actually took two naps during Abby's nap, about an hour each time, it was great. He's been very active today and is starting to figure out how to get things into his mouth. Time to get all of Abby's little beads, and other crap up to her room and off the floor downstairs! Now I'm just passing the time until she goes to sleep, a little quiet time with Trey and then I may try to find some girly movie to watch!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Who could deny a solo Mom coffee? I feel your pain! Although Tyler doesn't do 24 hour shift, we only see him for about an hour or so each day when he is working, so it's close! (Oh yeah, and he gets up so early, I cover night duty too!)