Friday, August 15, 2008

The Lynden Fair!

We took the kids to the Lynden fair yesterday and had a marvelous time. We got there around noon and after some serious unloading of the car we were headed inside. First we met up with my mom and her friends to show of the kiddos and then we made our way to the kid carnival. We weren't sure if Abby would like going on rides but we thought we would try and it turns out that she LOVED them! A few trips on the carousel, a car ride and an airplane ride and then we were off to see the animals. We met up with our friend Tony who is the ag. teacher in Ferndale and some of his students have animals at the fair so Abby got to go in the pens and pet some. She liked feeding them the best. Then we went to the educational building and Abby practiced milking a cow while Trey milked his mom! It was a nice air-conditioned building and made feeding Trey so much easier, I couldn't imagine feeding him outside all covered up...I may have melted! Then we sat around in the shade for a spell and waited for my dad to get there. We then all walked around the vendor booths and then ate some dinner and took Abby back to the rides. She made everyone go on the horses again and also went on the plane and car rides. She thought that the horses were dancing and was delighted that she got to pick out her own each time. I'm all for a ride that I don't have to fold myself into to go on! Abby had a blast and was such a well-behaved girl. Trey was such a trooper, I don't think he got fussy at all the whole day. I think Jerry had the most fun of all, he got to lug Abby around in the back-pack. She fell asleep at one point with her head on his neck, I'm surprised he didn't melt in to a puddle on the floor right there!

No comments: