Thursday, August 21, 2008

shopping alone

My ten year reunion is on Saturday and if ever there is a time for a new outfit, it's a high school reunion. After three solid years of growing/feeding babies I am in desperate need of new clothes! So after work yesterday I came home, fed Trey, put Abby down for a nap, left Jerry in charge, hopped in the car and cranked the radio. I do love driving by myself, nobody complains about what I'm listening to, I don't have to answer endless questions and...I can sing. I am a TERRIBLE singer (at least I know it!) and thus I try to avoid offending others in the car by doing it....but all alone I can pretend I'm a rockstar!! I went to Kohl's and pretty much everything in the store was on sale, fabulous. And how wonderful it is to shop alone. Nobody was cranky, or crying that they couldn't walk by themselves or having to sit outside the dressing room while I changed, and changed and changed again. I tried on about 50 things and finally found something that I really like (and that doesn't scream "MOM"). A song-filled trip home and my glorious alone time was over.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay, now I'm going to REALLY be checking out your outfit! :-) I gave up on the not "screaming mom" thing a long time ago!