Monday, August 4, 2008

last day at home!

I have thoroughly enjoyed (for the most part) my 3 months at home. I start back to work tomorrow but I will only be working 10 hours a week for awhile. Trey has me a little concerned as he still isn't fond of the bottle. We had a trial run on Wednesday when I went to get my hair done and left Jerry home with the kids. Abby was napping the whole time but Trey spent 2 of the 3 hours I was gone screaming his head off. I fed him before I left and put him to sleep but he woke up after an hour and was hungry. Bless his heart, Jerry tried for 2 hours to get him to drink anything from the bottle but Trey was just not having it. I don't know who was happier to see me when I made it home! So we'll see how it goes with me being gone for 5 hours tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

My streak of sleep-filled nights is over too. It was three glorious nights with no waking and then the last two I've been up once for a quick feeding during the night. Both times he had a very full diaper and I'm pretty sure that's why he woke up. Of course this morning I had to wake him up because we had to be at the doctor's at 9 for his last shot. They were out of the vaccine at his last appt so we had to make an extra trip. I'm not sure how he knows it but everytime we have somewhere to go, he chooses that day to sleep in...never on the days when we can all sleep in!!

In other news, Trey has been taking a bath with Abby. I stick her in first, wash her and then let her play for a bit. Then Trey gets to come in and get all washed up. Abby just LOVES having him in the tub. She shows him all her bath toys and how to splash in the water. Trey seems to like it as much as Abby does. He's going to be my water baby. He has never cried having a bath...usually he has a giant smile in the tub. I don't have pictures yet, as my hands are full keeping Trey from drowning! Hopefully we'll get some soon and I'll put them up!

No comments: