Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Our new ride!

We bought a new stroller today. Not just any stroller, the Lexus SUV of strollers. I have been wanting a double stroller for a while now so that I can get out and walk with the kids. Trey is just too darn heavy to carry in the front pack for long and Abby is still too little to walk a long ways on her own so it was becoming necessary. We went back and forth between getting a side-by-side or a front/back stroller and decided that we are mostly going to use it for going on walks and a jogging stroller seemed the most appropriate. Jerry, the master internet man that he is, put in a lot of time researching all the strollers out there and came to the conclusion that even though the one we got is super expensive it is worth every penny. He researched the construction of it and all sorts of other things (my eyes glazed over after the third page of strollers!) and we felt that this would last the longest and be a good investment. Plus we got a very good deal from the bike place in Burlington. We saved over $100 on the original price so I feel good about that. We took the kids in it tonight and although Abby cried when we took her out of the car (she wanted to go home and get a banana) they seemed to really like the ride. We went up to the Northern State trails, about 3 miles from our house. It's an old mental hospital compound that the state stopped funding. There are miles of trails, all different terrain, and even a frisbee-golf course there. I'd never been so it was really neat to finally see it. I think the kids and I will be spending many hours there. We even stopped to pick some blackberries on our way out, there are a ton of bushes around. I may go back and get more for a pie...I don't like pie but I like to bake and figure someone will eat it!


my (un)happy campers
our blackberry collection
Miss Blue-eyes eating her berries

it's hard being a baby

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude you can totally pop an awesome wheelie in that thing. :)