Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of School!

Today is the first day of school in Woolley so poor me, I had to wake Jerry up at 7:15! It usually takes a little yelling, some cover yanking, and a few sticks of dynamite to get him out of bed but this morning I only had to nicely ask twice...must be the first-day excitement. The kids decided to wake up early this morning (they must have known Dad was leaving early!) and Jerry was happy to see them before heading out. Abby ate the peanut butter and honey out of her sandwich, leaving the bread behind...Rusty found it, lucky dog. At 10 Abby decided that it was time for a nap but I was feeding Trey so she had to wait a few minutes....she spent them screaming at me to put him in the swing...fun times. Off to bed she went and soon after Trey was asleep too. I made a mad dash to clean up the downstairs thinking he would be awake soon but he ended up taking almost a 2 hour nap!! I managed to get cupboards cleaned out, drawers emptied and the glass bar shelves dusted. I felt so accomplished since I could see the living room floor...so I took a picture. I knew the cleanliness would disappear as soon as the kiddos awoke and I wanted proof to show Jerry that I did actually do something today!


Yes, I'm aware, we have a lot of stuff...but look, you can see the floor, the bar is clean, and that is a freshly-diapered baby laying there. I am a rockstar.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a rock star Megan! I hope you had time to sit and enjoy a coffee before the kiddos woke up. Today, I wish I had your energy. Weston was up half the night (I like teeth to be in, or not in, not this in between business!) and am DRAGGING today. Kuddos to you!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Never thought I'd see such a sight! :)
Molly