Thursday, August 7, 2008

Too hot!

How is it that my first two days back at work are the two hottest days we've had in weeks?! I work in a 12x20 foot box with no A/C...there are two doors that open and 5 fans but no cold air to be found! It was 87 in the front of the stand (where the doors are) and near 100 in the back...by 11 am! I was "glistening" by the end of my shifts!! The kids have the privilege of having Jerry home for the summer and he got to have the experience of a stay-at-home parent for a few days. He said it was a lot of work...boy don't I know it! He tried a different bottle with Trey and managed to get the lad to drink a bit from it. Tuesday went better than Wednesday but they were both better days than we had anticipated. Now I don't feel as aprehensive about leaving Trey with someone else. Who knows, we may get to go to dinner for our anniversary...without the kids.

I took the kids to the fair this morning. I was trying to go early before it was too hot but man, it was still plenty warm. Jerry had volunteered for a shift with the fire dept. so we met him there and he went around looking at animals with us. Abby was IN LOVE with the baby animal petting zoo part. There were 2 goats, a 2-day old cow named Darrell, 3 pigs, 2 bunnies and lots of chicks (the feathered kind...not the human kind!). If she had her way I'm sure she would have never come out. She also enjoyed the big animals. She was most excited to see the pigs and there was a mommy pig who was feeding her 10 babies...oh boy was that neat! All the rest of the pigs were sleeping, boring. We stopped by the rodeo ground part on our way out and Abby got to watch about 20 horses warm up before their events and that just tickled her pink! My favorite quote of the day "Look, sparkles on his butt!" A couple horses were decked out in jeweled bridles with sparkles on their rears...how funny. Trey had fun of his own too. He got his diaper AND his outfit changed. I love poop. He did well riding in the stroller. I didn't take his carseat so he sat in it like a big boy. I am a terrible mother however and didn't take the camera so no pictures of this fair. We are going to the Lynden Fair next week hopefully I'll remember to take it.

No comments: