Friday, August 29, 2008

Random Observations

Things are back to normal this week. Jerry started back to school, Grandma came to babysit, I went to my two days of work and it's raining. Nothing much to write about so I thought I'd write down some of my many worldly observations.

1) I love the rain. Most of you like the sun but I am one of the few who truly enjoys a gray, rainy, stormy day. It is nice to be outside but I find something so cozy and relaxing about having to stay indoors. It was more fun before Abby got older (now I have to find things to entertain her!) but it feels less stressful than packing everyone up to go places.

2) I am disappointed with the tuna fish companies! It used to be that you could open the lid and then use it to smash all the water out...now the lids are so thin that they bend and it's nearly impossible to get all the moisture out. I guess it's less waste to make the cans thinner but it's a true pain in my behind

3) They cost more but I am in love with shredded carrots. I hate grating (cheese, carrots, potatoes, whatever) and when you need carrot pieces they work fabulous.

4) Babies are more fun the older they get. Trey is no longer new-bornish, he makes faces, laughs, babbles and responds to me. He never liked to be cuddled so now I can hold him for a while and he enjoys the interaction. Abby doesn't appreciate the extra time he's getting but oh well.

5) Terrible twos...it's no myth...our house has been overrun by it. Abby learned the word "Mine" and hasn't stopped using it since. It's kind of ridiculous when people want to say hi to us and she's screaming "my mommy", "my daddy"......

6) I am not much for the world of housework but before kids I could do it when the mood struck...now there are two more people contributing to the mess and taking up all my cleaning time...not a good combo. Jerry has assured me that it's okay to have a house full of doghair, crumbs on the carpet, endless dirty laundry and bathrooms that aren't spotless because there are two little people who need my love and attention more than the house does. Now taking applications for housekeeper...no pay, no benefits...who's interested??

7) I will be voting for Barack Obama. I'm a solid democrat. I do not understand how anyone could vote republican this year (or any other year). I feel very strongly about this and as that is the case...we don't discuss politics in our house. I now know why you should never discuss religion or politics with people!!

8) Naptime around here is just too short...I could use an extra hour of peace and quiet...but hey, at least they nap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

there was a poem I used to have posted on my wall when my kids were little. It went like this;
Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,
for babies grow up, we've learned, to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep.
Im rocking my baby, and babies don't keep!

Remember that. There will be plenty of time for spiffy houses when the babies go to school...
Hugs,
Aunt Michelle