Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fun Times

I had such a fun day yesterday! It was my 10 year reunion and the festivities began with a family BBQ at a park in Lynden followed by a lovely dinner at good ol' JJ Freys in Sumas. Abby woke us up in the morning (she's a lovely alarm clock!) and I rolled out of bed, got ready, packed up everything we needed while Jerry got ready and we set out about 10:30...surprisingly right on time (if you know us at all, you know how rare that is!). We made it to the picnic and Jerry and Abby headed off for the swingset never to be seen again. (poor jerry). Since Abby was being her usual cheerful self (all she said was "NO!" and "My baby!") it was nice to send her off to play. I had a fun time catching up with some old acquaintances and seeing all my classmates' kids, it was fun to see people as parents now. We left in the early afternoon and drove to my parents' house where Abby went right down for a desperatly needed nap. Jerry took a nap on the couch as usual while I fed and played with Trey. We got ready for dinner and left close to 7. I fed Trey before we left and was hoping that I could get a few hours in before I'd have to come home and feed him before bed....but he surprised us all by drinking some of his bottle and going to sleep for grandma! Thank goodness for grammy!! She called with word that he was asleep and I could extend my curfew until after midnight!!

Dinner was good, prime rib with the works...I think Jerry was in heaven. It was a little awkward at first...how many times can you ask "what have you been up to" without wanting to puke? But as the night wore on (and the drinks disappeared) it became a lot of fun. I got to catch up with the handful of people that I was truly excited to see and didn't leave until 12:30. Jerry was a real trooper, he found some other husbands to hang out with which was nice for him. I think they just laughed at how ridiculously silly their wives became when surrounded by old friends! My feet were almost numb by that point and so we left for home. I didn't think it would go well waking the kids up to put them in the car but they were awesome. Abby was awake the whole trip home but quiet and fell right to sleep when Jerry put her in bed. I fed Trey and he was asleep again within 15 minutes so I got to bed just before 3. I know, I am truly a party animal.

Abby was up at 8 this morning, I was so dang tired that it was a Pop-tart breakfast for her, along with some cartoons while I took up residence on the couch. Trey slept until 10:30, I fed him and then made a desperately needed coffee run. Abby fell asleep in the car and so I put her straight to bed when we got home. Then I fed Trey and he fell asleep so I thought I would finally give it a whirl and put him down in his crib....and guess what....HE'S STILL ASLEEP!! It's the first time they have taken a nap in their rooms at the same time. It's been just over an hour...I have taken a shower, read part of my magazine and enjoyed my delicious coffee, and written this...what a fabulous two days!


P.S. I did take 1 picture, yes 1, last night but I'm too lazy to download it, sorry!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you had fun too Megan! I got a Nikon D60. I need your email address so I can reply by email instead of in your comments. Later!