Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tulips

Yes, we did go see the tulips. Jerry and his friend Steve used to have stickers on their bikes saying "Nuke the tulips" and when Steve found out that Jerry was indeed going to be a tulip-gawker he laughed mightily hard. I guess when the traffic ruins your town for a while as a kid you don't really appreciate it! But Abby is really into flowers right now so we went on Sunday morning while it was pretty quiet and stopped by a little field to get pictures. Then we went to Lowes for some flowers and she and I put together some pots for the deck. She was actually quite a good helper and very proud of herself afterwards. And Sunday was also the day that our lawn finally got mowed. This only happened 4 times last year due to weather and schedules (and the fact that I refuse to do it...not my job!). Hopefully this year we - and by we I mean Jerry - will reach double digits.


he makes this face every time his sunglasses go on
checking out the tulips
smelling them
and pretending to gag...weirdo
loves to point
me and my babies
she wanted to crouch down like that for every picture
Jerrys 2 & 3
walking with Daddy
and sister


waving bye-bye to the tulips
It's hard work being a kid
getting ready to plant flowers
really getting serious about her gardening

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures! We thought about going down. I've been there once in my life...your right when you live in a county that gets over-run with traffic and "tulip field" people it makes you hate tulip season!!!But glad you guy's had fun! Kristen

Marlea said...

So cute! I love the little carhart overalls both kids have! They need to come here for a day on the "tree farm"!!
So you really only mowed 4 times last year? Do you loose your kids in the grass? I used to say that about it not being my job...but then I do like a mowed lawn....

Unknown said...

4 times in one year? I confess that Tyler has mowed 4 times in one WEEK! Our lawn is not very big though. I'll also confess that I've mowed LESS than 4 times in my LIFE too. My mom was passionate about mowing, and my husband is too. I've never been allowed to mow!

Oh yeah, and just so you know, I did read the whole post, cute tulip pics... bet you're lovin' your camera!

Amanda DeHoog said...

LOVE the tulip pictures . . . I'm jealous!

Betty said...

Yeah for the Carharts! I do miss the tulips. I used to love going with my crazy Aunt who sported a mullet.