Saturday, April 11, 2009

a good day

What a fun day it was around here. Abby and I made Jerry's cake this morning and then she painted him a birthday picture while I frosted the cake. We dyed our Easter eggs and then Jer's parents came over to babysit this evening so Jerry and I could have a date! We went out to dinner and then to Best Buy for some Wii games. It's always a treat to get out without the little guys in tow and the kids sure love having Gramma and Bumpa come play with them. The kids were super worn out from all the activities today and went to bed so easy tonight, what a bonus!

Trey wishing he (and his nice bruise!) were outside
Daddy brought Abby a horse back from camp
getting ready to dye some eggs
so cute
oh, the anticipation!
the first egg!
look at that!
my sweeties
Trey trying to make his opinion known
coloring with the Magic Crayon
our fine looking eggs
painting daddy a picture
chillin' with her horsey
Happy Birthday!
even Trey got a little cake
goofy guys
an Abby sandwich
with kisses!!!
reading to Bumpa
and to Gram
Trey getting in on the reading action

Trey has been such a little doll since being unexpectedly banned from the "girls". He must have known that I couldn't deal with a fussy, needy little guy and has taken to the bottle with no complaints. There hasn't been any trouble getting him to sleep afterwards or anything, thank goodness. And Jerry is happy that he can finally have some sweet, quiet time with Trey and can help me out more at night. I'm not enjoying things quite as much. So far the pain hasn't been quite as bad as it was after I stopped nursing Abby. I figure in a couple days I should be doing much better....if only I could keep the kids from hitting them in the meantime :) And my ear is doing better. I can't hear anything yet but the pressure is mostly gone and there is rarely any pain. So I should be doing really well in a week or so. I can't wait for my body to be back to normal!

2 comments:

JERRY G. said...

Yeah it was! Thanks for great b-day, Love You!

Anonymous said...

Best blog in town! So fun to read about your great day. HBD Jerry and many more. Meg, glad to hear the pain levels are abating and things are getting back on track.....I almost said "normal" but is there really any such thing??? Happy Easter. M. Bear