Thursday, April 23, 2009

Trey

Oh little buddy! Trey is really starting to lose his baby-ness now. He's been trying lots and lots of new food, strawberries, mango, kiwi, salmon, eggs, etc. I've been letting him try and feed himself once in awhile but he hasn't quite gotten the idea of a spoon down yet, he prefers his fingers. Abby was pretty handy with utensils by a year but Trey marches to his own laid-back beat. He's such a cautious little thing when it comes to walking, so we aren't quite there yet either. He only likes standing/walking if he's got a hand on something - at least it's down to one hand and not both. He is, however, not afraid to go upstairs alone (mommy forgot to shut the gate!), pull on the cats' fur, stand up in the tub, or eat anything he comes across on the floor. Definitely a boy. He has also developed a love of screeching -and I'm talking a high-pitched girly shriek. Mostly it happens when he's hungry or wants attention and we have yet to figure out how to stop it....so for now I'm really happy that I don't have complete hearing back in one ear! He also had his first trip to the park and on the swings. That was all I let him do since I had to watch Abby also but he sure loved them, even when I pushed him pretty high. I guess you can be brave when you're stuck in a bucket! And lastly, he has decided that he LOVES, LOVES, LOVES, his bottle. He never batted an eye once he started having them everyday. He went from a scant 4 ounces all morning to 9 oz bottles each time. He was using the Similac packets until he started drinking like a dehydrated camel so I switched him to the super cheap Kirkland brand and that seems to be fine with him. Thanks goodness, $2o for two big cans vs. $25 for a small can, hmmmmm, which one makes more sense (or more cents!). Only three weeks till Trey-bugs first birthday, can't wait!!!

finally outside
watching sister play in the fountain
so serious
I love it when he lays on the floor
"feeding" himself

reading outside - definitely momma's boy
first pancake
Hey Mom, do you like "see" food?
look at that hair
cutie pie
I LOVE his chubby cheeks!
relaxing outside after a long day at the playground
he's getting taller

1 comment:

Marlea said...

He is so cute and such a boy! I am so glad he is liking his bottle! That could have been very stressfull for you!