Saturday, May 2, 2009

No more mullet

baby mullet
post-cut...No mullet!
gets her fashion sense from her mama
she really wanted a picture of her giraffe on here

Trey got his first little haircut on Monday. He had quite the little mullet going on so it was definitely needed. He was pretty occupied by the Cheerios on his tray and didn't really pay any attention to the fact that Shannon was cutting his hair. It was just a tiny trim, I'm not ready for a man-cut yet but he looks darn cute.

Abby and I finished up the flower pots yesterday and started weeding the two flower beds. She was a little perturbed that I was getting rid of the dandelions so I sent her on a mission to look for worms and potato bugs so that she wouldn't see me dig the rest of them out. Hopefully I can get the beds finished this week.

And Jerry also thought that I should post some clarifications to the mowing-4-times thing so here they are:
1. we had a brand new baby who slept in the swing and he was forbidden from mowing during nap time
2. He had a busy schedule that left not much time for household chores
3. There is a huge field next to our house that slopes down towards our house resulting in lots of water runoff. When it rains our yard takes a little longer to dry out
4. It rained on or near most of his free days
5. He did do some indoor projects for me, like building our pantry, so that at least earned him some good husband points
6. NO ONE sees our house (except family and close friends), no one drives by since we don't live on a road, so frankly if he mowed or not didn't really matter to anyone but me!

And as you can see, something is off with blogger for me and I am just too lazy to fix it right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off...I like Trey's hair! I can't believe he's getting so big...it's amazing how quickly they grow when we see them..ummm, twice a year! Secondly, I think you have the right idea about mowing 4 times a year. Frankly, by the end of summer I am seriously considering wether or not Tom should be in therapy with his "lawn obsession"! He mowes twice a week, weed-eats and waters everyday for about 2-3 hours! Our neighbors make fun of him!! He's been REALLY depressed the last two years because his lawn has been stricken with "Crane Fly Larvae"...it's like genital warts for Lawns...it spreads like crazy and makes it all look gross!! Anyway, here's hoping that Tom's lawn either improves this summer or he takes up drinking so he doesn't notice! Have a great weekend!! Kristen

Amanda DeHoog said...

ha ha ha . . . I love the lawn explanation, I saw the beating you took in the comments and also on facebook! Can't believe Trey needed a haircut already . . . looks good!

Betty said...

Well, see atleast you allow him to mow. Trey isn't allowed to mow the front yard but I do sometimes humour him and let him mow the back yard. He can't do straight lines and I don't want the older people in the neighborhood to point it out to me every time they see me. They will too.

Oh and we have to mow from March to October. Otherwise it's a jungle.