Tuesday, April 7, 2009

since i have some free time...

Jerry is now away at Camp Orkila with the entire SW 6th grade. He'll be back on Friday, completely exhausted I'm sure. He's in charge of the whole deal this year and it has been a LOT, I repeat, a LOT of work to get it all organized. I'm sure he'll be very happy to sleep in this weekend.

I developed an ear infection Saturday morning and went to the urgent care center for a look-see. They prescribed me and antibiotic and ear drops but by the afternoon I was in such excruciating pain that Jerry called and had the dr. phone in a Vicodin prescription. By late afternoon my eardrum finally burst. It was a big relief since I thought I was dying.....and I've given birth to two babies and had gall stones so I know pain...but nothing even came close to the pain of a ruptured eardrum. Now I can't hear out of my right ear and it's constantly oozing a nice yellow liquid. Awesome. I go in to see an ENT on Thursday just to have it looked at. They don't really do anything unless the tear is major which doesn't seem to be the case with me. It takes a couple of weeks to heal so I won't get my hearing back until then. And just when the weather gets nice and my husband leaves for the week, couldn't have happened at a better time.

We were supposed to go to the zoo on Saturday but had to cancel due to my ear. And I wasn't in much better shape Sunday but I was not about to disappoint Abby a second time. So after a bout of throwing up by me, we were off. Since it was such a nice weekend the zoo was absolutely packed and we finally found parking after about 35 minutes. Abby was asleep so that meant nobody but Jerry was whining about the lack of spaces. We spent about three hours in there. Abby and Jerry had a great time looking at all the animals. Trey and I spent most of the time admiring the view from a lot of different benches. He was just happy to be out and about. We headed over to my sister's apartment afterward since we had never seen it and I threw up again, on the street this time. Abby thought I was "spitting water". No more pain meds for me!! I'm hoping we'll get to go back in a few months when I am feeling better.

I have lots of fun pictures of the zoo and daily life but I am off to lay on the couch, again, and drain some more fluid from my ear. Lucky me!

No comments: