Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Sunday Drive

We were running pretty low on coffee supplies so a trip to Cash & Carry was our plan for Sunday. A small errand that turned into a 7 hour day of F.U.N.!!! The kids fell asleep soon after hitting the freeway so we decided to give them a few extra minutes of shut-eye and drive out to Hovander Park in Ferndale. I hadn't been there in many, many years and it was as fun as I remembered it to be. The kids had a blast checking out the animals and running, running, running! Abby was super bummed that we hadn't packed a picnic lunch so we promised her another trip, WITH a picnic, in the future.
Trey watching the duck swimming.
This turkey was huge and kept showing off his feathers
Abby was a little unsure of the turkey but liked the chickens
I don't know much about bunnies but I think this one may have had narcolepsy, it kept falling over asleep.
Checking out the goats in their barn
Climbing the tower
Go, Abby, go!
Trey liked checking out the surroundings
We were pretty hungry after playing at the park and stopped to eat at Sonic. We let the kids have a "picnic" in the back of the car. It's so nice now that they are a bit older. Jerry and I got to eat in peace in the front and the kids had a blast sitting in the back.
After that we finally made it to Cash & Carry, got our supplies and headed to Costco. We had looked at a tent at the Burlington Costco but they didn't have any in stock on our last trip so we gave the B'ham one a shot and they had it, so we bought it. Yes, we bought a tent. Yes, we might actually use it....even me. If you know me at all you know that is a BIG DEAL. I do not camp. I do not like it at all. The bugs, the dirtiness of it all, the bugs, the bugs, the bathroom issue, the bugs. Yep, I am going to go camping one day. The things I am willing to do for my kids. And to end our day we stopped at Cornwall Park. One of my favorite places as a kid (at least that I remember) and my own kids sure had a blast there. They thought it was so great to throw pinecones off one side of the bridge and watch for it to come out on the other side. Super fun!

1 comment:

Riahli said...

Wow that sound like a fun packed day, I forgot about Hovander park! I loved that place, I must remember to bring my kids there this summer I know that they would just LOVE it! :)