Thursday, April 8, 2010

Oh Boy

Now that I'm caught up on the latest pictures and bigger events I'm going to try and get back to blogging about the everyday things so that when I'm old and senile at least I'll be able to read funny stories about my kids and their doings.

Monday night I gave the kids their bath and wrapped each one up in their big, fluffy towels. Abby is always wanting to be first for everything so she was the first to get jammies on. While getting her dressed for bed, Trey came wandering in holding his frog towel around his waist. He sauntered up to Abby and I and said "Here it comes"....and then proceeded to throw open his towel and shout "Weiner!!!" WHAT????? Abby and I looked at each other for a second and then both burst out laughing. Of course the fact that we thought he was being funny prompted Trey to do this a good 30 more times. After the first 10 or so he stopped shouting "weiner" and just laughed with us. I have no earthly idea where he ever learned to do that but lordy it was so funny. I wish I could turn my memory into a video to share with you all. Makes me laugh just thinking about it. So if you ever hear Trey say "here it comes", watch out! Oh, and I will not be purchasing him a trench coat. Never. Ever.


And lately Abby has been trying to have a lot of conversations with Trey. I insert a comment every once in a while but that is usually responded to by a "Mom! I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to Trey. Can you please be quiet?" Yowza. Abby is becoming quite the bossy little thing where her brother is concerned. "Trey, it's time to pick up our toys. You start and I'll watch" I hope when he gets older he'll figure it out her ploys! What a manipulator!

And another from Abby, "Mom, when I grow up to be a mommy like you, I'm going to drive a car and make decisions!" Most of her thoughts also start with "When I grow up to be a mommy and you're a little baby......" Good luck with that sister!

Overheard just now "Trey! DO NOT POKE PEEPEE'S IN OTHER PEOPLE'S EYES!" By peepee's she means Peeps. Why she calls them that I don't know, but it's cute!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hah! Boys! Trey would fit in well over here. Just this morning Weston and Wayne got in trouble in the bath. Wayne because he took Weston's toy, and Weston because his responded by trying to whack Wayne's pee-pee! Where do they get this stuff?