Friday, April 9, 2010

My Other Baby

How could you not fall in love with this??


Rusty is almost 8 years old now and although he is no longer my only "baby" he'll always be my first. Yes, Doodles came first but cats are so independent they don't count as "kids". Once the real babies came along, Rusty got pushed to the background quite a bit. He is still just as energetic as the day we got him. Still barks at all things moving outside and still sleeps under the covers at night. I threaten to get rid of him at least once a week when the barking gets annoying or he just won't stop eating the kids food when they leave the room. But when Jerry is gone, boy am I glad to have a dog that barks at strangers! I never feel quite as safe at home alone with the kids as I do when Jerry is home. But I would be much more worried if I didn't have my little protector guard dog. I know that the second he heard a strange noise he would surely let me know. Plus, his bark sounds so vicious (he pretends he's a Doberman), that a criminal would have to be super dumb to try and break in. So thank you Rusty for being the man of the house when the real man is away!

No comments: