Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter at the ZOO!

Yes, we took our monkeys to see the monkeys! It was a great day for the zoo, overcast but not raining and a holiday so it was not crowded at all. Plus, almost every animal was out, something I don't think happens too often! We didn't tell the kids we were going until after our egg hunt in the morning. They were pretty darn excited about it, and so was I considering our last trip was not fun for me!
Two little monkeys, ridin' in a stroller
nothing much to see at first

so we headed on down the path but we saw the zebras heading out into the open so back we went to the viewing area
The zebras, ostriches, giraffes and some sort of gazelles all were out running around chasing each other...so exciting to watch!


Trey checking out the sleepy lions
There was an elephant behind us somewhere, but at least we got a family picture in
Feeding a wayward duck the kids' leftover Ritz crumbs.
Trey did more pushing than riding I think
Feeding the birds was pretty sweet. The kids each got a dollar in an easter egg in the morning and spent it on a feed stick
Having a super awesomely tall Dad sure comes in handy sometimes
And up on the roof of the bird hut I saw a duck walking around.
Some sweet frogs in the rainforest section. I thought they were fake at first
This little guy came swinging right up to the glass, scared the bejeezus out of my kids. This was as close as Abby would get to him.
The tiger was awesome, he paced and growled a lot. Trey was freaked out but Abby thought the tiger was hilarious. I told her he was hunting for some fresh Abby and she got quite a chuckle out of that.
We found a great little spot that fit the stroller perfectly at the penguin pool. We spent a good 15 minutes watching two swim laps. A few more were up on the rocks. They love the Happy Feet movie and consequently think penguins rock!
They must have swam by us at least 2 dozen times.
I was so proud of Abby for waiting her turn to see the Jaguar. There were some super pushy Cranasians that kept shoving their kids in front of mine but Abby just stood quietly until a spot opened up. That's my kid with the manners!!!!!!!
We stopped at the zoomazium to let the kids burn off a little energy.
"Hey kids, go sit over on that bench so I can take your picture". yeah, right.
And finally the 'Mingos. Abby asked about them roughly 50 times. They ended up being our last stop.
We were at Woodland for almost 4 hours and nobody fussed, fought or cried...including Jerry and I! We didn't even stop for food, just a few snacks in the stroller that we brought from home. I was definitely proud of my kids for behaving so well, especially Miss Abby. I like that we have raised a patient, nice, considerate LADY instead of a pushy, loud, obnoxious rugrat. Well, she may be all those things at home, but at least in public she's good!

No comments: