Friday, May 29, 2009

We LOVE Summer!!!

It has been a good day (so far!) for me and the kiddos. Abby wore her fancy dress and when we went to get coffee this morning she informed me that we needed to go inside so that she could show Ranelle (my co-worker) how her dress twirled. We spent about 20 minutes in there, Trey loved walking around looking at all the stuff in there, he's pretty fascinated by paper cups. We made a pit-stop at the grocery store for only two things but I let Trey walk around about half the time so it was quite a long stop. We got home and I got Abby settled with a movie while I fed buddy and put him down for a nap. Then Abby and I ate lunch and played outside, well, she played - I sunned myself, for a good long while. After Trey woke up we all went for a dip in the pool. It was too cold the first day we filled it up and Trey was NOT happy about getting in but today the water was nice and warm and we played for nearly an hour. He put his face in the water a few times, I think he was taking sips, but I think it's great that he's not afraid of the water. Abby freaks out every time her head comes near the water, hopefully she'll grow out of that. We came inside and I fed Trey a number of what turned out to be highly messy things while Abby and I made cupcakes! Now we're just waiting for Jer to get home so we can eat dinner - chicken tacos, YUM! He's on duty tonight so hopefully anyone with an emergency will have the decency to wait until after we've eaten before making him leave!

What? You don't water in your finest clothes??
Her super awesome twirling skills
I forgot to bring the camera out before we got in the pool so I took nakey pics afterward.
Cute little bum!
He actually gets how to blow bubbles
Strawberries are a favorite!
Next time I think I'll feed him first and then put him in the pool!

1 comment:

Marlea said...

It looks like a great day! Being able to play outside sure does make a difference!