Thursday, May 28, 2009

She's cute right? And she is also the reason that I am utterly spent, exhausted, out of patience, out of energy and simply over the whole parenting thing. I read a lot of other mommy blogs where it's all cotton candy and rainbows...my world feels like brussel sprouts and storm clouds. I'm fining it increasingly difficult to find the joy in being a mostly stay at home mom. Trey is at the stage where it's not super fun to take him places to play. He can't do much for himself right now since he isn't walking yet (he can, he won't!) so he needs constant attention which just sets Abby off and she becomes a super needy little bugger too. I can't leave the room without Trey melting down and since nobody naps here my house is a flaming disaster, I can't get anything done! I am SOOOOOO looking forward to school being out so that I can maybe get something done around here....and maybe underneath all the dust and crumbs and laundry I will find my sanity!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Megan, hang in there! We have PLENTY of those days too, and if it helps, I just keep thinking that these days will soon be over, and we'll be on to another stage, and that I'd prefer this stage to the one that involves them having KEYS! Your house will eventually become clean again, and the kiddos will be no worse for the wear if they watch a little too much TV if it keeps them occupied and you sane. Again, hang in there, I'll be thinking of you!

Marlea said...

CRAZY MOMMY!!!! Hey if I had a blog when mine were your kids age, you would not have been reading about rainbows and cotton candy....THere was a lot of screaming, from me and Lucy. So much so I was a fraid my neighbor would call the police...that screaming was from Lucy.
You will get through it, we all do. The ones who dont get a nice vacation living the rest of their days getting fed pills and looking out windows. THeir family comes to vist them on holidays and sundays...sometimes I think the insane asilem sounds much better!!!

Amanda DeHoog said...

It's only cotton candy and rainbows at our house because I only have ONE!!!! Ha! I don't know how all you people do it with more than one kiddo . . . Grace is going to be an only-lonely for a good, long while!