Thursday, March 5, 2009

remembering...

I am throwing a baby shower for my brother-in-laws girlfriend on Saturday and since there are a boatload of people expected to come and I have been procrastinating as usual, my to-do list is a mile long. It didn't really make sense to start cleaning the house any earlier than today...the kids (and Jerry!) would just muck it up again. So I set out this morning on my mission to clean. The children however had their own mission...to stay as close to Mom as possible and not take naps. Our two missions were seriously at odds. Needless to say, when Jerry called to check up on me later in the day I unloaded a large amount of crankiness on him. Being a wonderful guy he offered to take the kids out and about for awhile this evening so I could get a few things done without little people underfoot. As soon as they left I turned some tunes on and got to work. It was AWESOME! It totally brought me back to life before the children and how I could do things on my own time, in my own way, at my own speed without having to answer a hundred questions, take numerous breaks when someone has to go potty or eat, and nobody was trying to find a tiny morsel of fuzz on the floor to eat. I love my babies dearly and don't for a second wish that they weren't born but WOW was it nice to be alone! After an hour and half I started missing the little people underfoot, the endless questions and their bright smily faces and I was happy to see them come home.............and go to bed :)

2 comments:

Marlea said...

You are so totally normal! I dont think that people totally understand the stay at home mom until they are one. Really, we are home with them 24/7. There are no lunch breaks or coffee breaks. Our day starts when they tells us it starts...and it really never ends. Your on call all night. Yep I totally get you and what your going through!
In a few years when they go to school you will get your down time!
But if your like me you will fill it up with other stuff...like work! And then you still wont get time off! So enjoy those short breaks, even if it is to clean your house!!!

Anonymous said...

Seriously "Blog Slacker" how am I supposed to stay updated on your family if your slacking???? How are you? Kristen