Thursday, March 19, 2009

29 and doin' fine!

Since I was beginning the last year of my 20's it was decided that I should get some pretty outrageous gifts for my birthday. I got $$ (always a hit!), a new TV, a Wii, a Nikon D60 camera and an excellent dinner out with my husband. Pretty good deal right, at least that's what I'm telling myself since the tv, camera and wii were not exactly b'day gifts, they were tax-return purchases. Having two kids is a much better tax deal than one for sure! Abby also got a new dresser since she has never had one in her room. We found great deals on everything which always makes Jerry happy. I've never seen a guy, except for his buddy Randy (Ihope you're reading this Kristi!) who is so into finding deals. Good thing because I hate shopping around!
With my b'day money I bought myself a sewing machine and hopefully I'll be able to mend my own stuff and make a few small things. It's a pretty basic one but it was way on sale so I snatched it up. (See, I wait for a good deal to find me).

I have taken numerous pictures with the new camera but I haven't even looked to see how I download them so no pics will be posted for awhile. Jerry said it was simple but I think "simple" means very different things to each of us!

4 comments:

Marlea said...

Wow sounds like a great birthday! Lots of new toys! Doesnet really matter when they are bought, still fun!

Amanda DeHoog said...

wooo hooooooo! Happy belated birthday!

Amanda DeHoog said...

Forgot to say . . . I am so jealous of you getting a sewing machine! I am tired of sewing things by hand . . . where did you get it?

Unknown said...

I LOVE my Nikon D60... enjoy! I could already tell in your pics that they were from a new camera (I was a few posts behind, reading backwards!)