Friday, March 13, 2009

mindless chatter

I've been a lazy blogger as of late. I've been sick and busy and home all day, every day, with kids who are either crying or whining (mostly Abby!) and just not into writing about it! I did manage, with a little help, to get all the things done on my list for the baby shower this past Saturday. It was pretty fun...who doesn't love looking at baby clothes and eating cake?! The house got put back together Saturday night and Sunday morning. And it stayed clean for about 6 minutes...2 minutes longer than I thought it would! Trey was a little fussy all weekend and had been having a real hard time going to sleep at night. I thought maybe he was getting an ear infection so I took him to the doctor on Tuesday. Turns out that he's just fine. It looks like his molars are descending which is likely the cause of all his fussiness. I did get weighed and is only 22.7 pounds. The doctor (not our usual one) commented on how tremendously his growth has slowed. He's still 95%+ on both height and weight so it's not a concern but still kinda funny. If he'd kept up his pattern he'd weigh almost 27 pounds right now...yikes. I figure with all the crawling, standing and cruising he's been doing that he's burning some major calories. He is like food a little more, people food is always a big hit and I'm trying to feed him more regularly. Abby is still being Abby. She's bossy, demanding, not very nice (to Trey at least), needs help going potty...but only when I'm busy doing something else, like feeding Trey, and has decided that she needs to be "rock-a-byed" 5 times a day, and occassionally at 2 in the morning. Let me tell you, there is no way I'm coming all the way downstairs in the middle of the night just to rock her. No way, no how. It's cute if I'm not busy but seriously, I'm not getting much sleep anymore and would rather not do it at 2 am!! She's really gotten into breastfeeding her stuffed animals and dolls too. She's been copying a lot of what I do lately....funny sometimes....not so funny others! As I speak, she has fed her doll and is now rocking her to go to sleep. Grandpa Gardner was the lucky guy who first got to witness her new "mommy skills"...lucky guy.
Last night of volleyball for me tonight. I've really enjoyed getting out of the house two nights a week the last 6 months and I look forward to playing again next year. My team is competetive yet we don't take ourselves to seriously so it's a lot of fun. And really, it's my only good excuse to leave the house without kids in tow. It is stopping at a good time though. Baseball season has started and Jerry is helping coach at the high school again. Between school, running the camp Orkila stuff, the fire dept and baseball we barely get to see him! He is very sweetly not going to practice or fire drill on Monday so that he can take me out for a birthday dinner. That's right, it's my 29th birthday on Monday...I LOVE birthdays so feel free to wish me a happy birthday ;)
she's pretending to sleep on the stairs...he would like to wake her up!
Abby and her bestest bud
such a cutie-pie
yes, she is breastfeeding "Cuey" her pet dog (his name is supposed to be Huey). Poor Bumpa, he was the first one to see this go down. It's now a daily thing
"helping" buddy crawl
giving brother some "love"
happier times
breakfast
lunch
afternoon snack...Is she winking??? hilarious
dinner
Rusty is not too thrilled about having nowhere to hide from the kids!
everyone needs a good cup o' joe while watching cartoonsbuddy boy!
like the hair?
reading buddy some Berenstain's Bears
goofy faces
trying to get the book...to rip it or eat it
more goofy faces
can you tell she's not very excited about brother getting up the stairs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!! I have now had my Gardner Fix. Kristen