Friday, March 27, 2009

Hmmmm

We were out of bread, milk and diapers this morning so a trip to the store was completely necessary even though the kids are still grossly sick. I managed to get in a quick shower this morning so that I at least looked somewhat put together and after a serious struggle getting both kids dressed (they were really not interested in leaving the house) and we were off. I was so sure that it was going to be an awful trip but my two kids were by far the best behaved children in the entire store. They are generally very well behaved in public and today they were exceptionally good, maybe due to the Tylenol they both got before we left. Anyhoo, we were in line behind a lady who was probably older than the dirt that the wheat for my 6 loaves of bread was planted in... and while her 28 (yes 28!) empty travel shampoo bottles were being scanned she decided to take that 5 minutes of time and write down two parenting websites for me. She then handed me that paper with her old lady handwriting on it and said (while glaring at my silent kids) "Here's a few websites you should look at that will give you some great tips on how to be a good parent." W.H.A.T???? I looked at her like she was insane, wadded up the paper and threw it right at her face, nailing her between the eyes. Okay, so that was in my mind, I really just said thanks and put it in my pocket. I just can't believe the gall of some people. Maybe she thought that my kids were the ones that had thrown the shampoo bottle on the ground, spraying its contents everywhere back on aisle 8. Another reason I don't like people.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Were you at Target? Amanda has had quite the run ins there! I am totally with you... I can't believe the dirty looks people will give over NOTHING. Unbelievable. We here in E-town know what angels your kids are!

The Neyens Family said...

HAHA...funny post! I'm glad you agree with my belly thoughts! Thanks for the support!

Anonymous said...

You have got to be kidding me!!! I'll have to pass this on to my brother's wife who on Wed. was told by a lady "do you realize for the past 10 minutes you boys have been beating eachother, maybe you should learn to parent them"!! I could not even imagine! Truly people should mind their own business!!! Kristen

Tonya Doman said...

seriously???!!?! I cannot believe that!
So what was her awesome website??