Friday, February 27, 2009

WHAT???

Sometimes when we drive into Mt. Vernon we go a way that sends us right past a cemetery that is always full of new balloons, flowers, statues and a variety of other sparkly objects. Abby always wants to know what it is and I tell her it's a place where people go when they die. Here's today's conversation on our way by:

A: Mom, I want to die so I can go play with the kids.
M: Honey, that isn't a playground. People don't play in there.
A: That's where people go when they die right?
M: Yes
A: I want to die.
M: What?
A: I want to die so I can go there.
M: No you don't. People don't want to die. Besides, you won't die until you're really, really old.
A: Oh, can we go play there.
M: No
A: I want to die, okay? (in a Mom-you're-not-hearing-me voice!)
M: Well, hopefully not while we're driving. Maybe you can wait until Dad gets home?
A: Okay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome...I love conversations like that! This gave me a good laugh for the day! Good luck with that! Kristen