Sunday, February 8, 2009

What do you get when you're potty trained?

BARBIE GLAMOUR HOUSE!! ca. 1985. I promised Abby that when she was potty trained that she could have my old Barbie house so we went up to my parents' house yesterday, brought it down from the attic, and put it together (with superglue and a prayer!) today. It's roughly 23 years old and still looks good! Abby is super excited to play with the many tiny household items it comes with. Plates, cups, food, silverware, etc. It even has a barbeque with hamburgers and hotdogs! She really is thrilled with it but secretly I think I'm enjoying it more than she is right now!

notice the second floor...it's a bedroom AND a bathroom (the tub is lost somewhere right now)

A few of the many Barbies Abby inherited. I think a shopping trip is in order for them...some of the outfits are quite atrocious!

3 comments:

Tonya Doman said...

I'm impressed that she is potty trained already! Kuddos to you! :) Lucas won't even sit on the potty yet. How cool it must be to pass down your barbie house!! Fun times!

Marlea said...

I love it!!! Lucy got all of my old barbie stuff recently and it is very funny to see how things have changed in the last 20+ years!
Good Job on potty training!

Anonymous said...

YES! I always give my kids things I love to play with. But this is great! I wish I had something like that to pass on! You ROCK!