Thursday, July 24, 2008

they're alive!

I had a doctor's appointment in Bellingham today and as any mother knows, even when you don't take the kids with you, leaving the house still requires some planning. I pumped a bottle two days ago in anticipation of leaving Trey alone with Jerry for a couple hours today. It turns out that a few days ago we (Jerry and I) ate something that did not agree with us. We think it may have been some lunchmeat that was bad, since the only thing we ate that Abby didn't was grilled ham and cheese. She didn't get sick and we did so that's all we could come up with. Of course Trey got sick too, since everything I eat he does as well. So my fabulous pre-planning had to be poured down the sink and out came a frozen bag of milk to thaw for the morning. I got Trey up early, brought him into our room, fed him until he fell asleep again, then closed my eyes for another blissfull 15 minutes. I showered and did my hair (an accomplishment these days!) then went to get Abby up. Jerry wanted to sleep a little longer so I put some cartoons on for her and she was happy to stay in her room. I was running late by now and hustled out the door got in the car...no kids, no diaper bag, no extra cups of juice, blankets, toys, or snacks required!! WOO-HOO!! I must say that driving alone is such a luxury these days. I got to listen to whatever I wanted, as loud as I wanted to and nobody was pestering me! After a quick appointment I hopped back in the car for another 35 minutes of pure pleasure. A stop at the coffee stand for a delicious drink and some chocolate milk for Abby and I was home. The kids were alive, Trey had eaten a little (quite the feat since he HATES the bottle) and the house was in no worse shape than when I left. 20 minutes later both kids were asleep, I got to enjoy my still-hot coffee and am still enjoying the quiet!

On a side note...I was watching the news the other night and heard about a website called Twitter. If you are having a customer service problem with a company (comcast, home depot, etc>) this is the place to complain. Representatives from companies constantly monitor this sight to see if their business is mentioned and a quick reply from someone who has some authority is the result. Jerry has already given it a whirl...and gotten a response.

No comments: