Friday, July 18, 2008

Ocean Shores


Ahhh, there is nothing like a good vacation! We arrived home yesterday afternoon from our weeklong vacation to Ocean Shores and although I'm glad to be home, I sure miss hearing the ocean. We left Friday morning, our plan was to leave by 8:30 and it was just after 9 when we shut the garage door, not bad considering we have two babies! Every nook and cranny in the car had something in it...Jerry is a packing master! It's unbelievable how much stuff the littlest person needs! We purchased a portable DVD player for the car which was a lifesave for us! Abby watched a movie plus some WordWorld episodes and was quiet for nearly all of the trip both ways. Trey also did very well, he slept as long as the car was moving but any stopping would wake him up. Thankfully there wasn't much stopping.
We drove down to Edmonds and took the ferry over to Bremerton so that we could visit my brother and his family. We missed the 10:45 ferry by 4 cars!!! So aggravating but the next one was only 30 minutes later. I fed Trey in the car and then we all went up on deck to see the water. Abby thought that was pretty cool. It's a short ferry ride and we were soon back in the car to Matt's house. We stayed there for about 4 hours and had a lovely time. I got to see my new nephew Easton. He's so tiny! It's crazy how fast they grow, Trey looked so big compared to him! Abby and Sophia played a little bit together, neither girl is good at sharing yet so it's generally a lot of squabbling over toys. Bethany's mom was there and had a nice lunch spread ready for us. Trey got in a nap and a couple feedings and was nice and tired for the next leg of the journey.

We took the back highways from Bremerton to past Olympia and then caught up to our usual route the the beach. It was fun to see some new sights. Lots of tiny towns down there! We arrived at the condo in OS about 7:30 after a quick stop at KFC and got everything unpacked and the kids settled down for the night.

The next day was beautiful and we went swimming in the pool. Trey got to dip his feet in which he wasn't too happy about. Abby had a good time...until her face went in the water and she swallowed some. But I got to lay out and get some sun so I was a happy camper! We spent most of the day just relaxing and having some quality family time. Sunday we drove around OS and checked out the dream houses (maybe when we win the lottery!) and since both kids fell asleep it was a very pleasant ride. Our friends Tony and Shauna arrived that night after the kids were asleep and it was so nice to catch up with them without interruption. Monday we relaxed some more. Then we decided to go to the beach for a bit. As it happened, that was the windiest day we were there. Our beach experience didn't last long. Abby was already cranky since it was naptime but she was a trooper and let us get her footprint in the sand. I took a picture last year of her footprint next to Jerry's and again this year. I think it will be fun to look back and see how much she grows each year. Tuesday we all took a trip into town and spent several hours shopping. Abby spent most of the time with Tony and Shauna which gave Jer and I a nice break. Trey slept in the front pack the whole time. He's just too easy. We ended our shopping with a trip to the ice cream shop and that was super delicious! Wednesday the Torrettas packed up and left so we were down to just the four of us again. It was nice to get that last bit of family time together. I started what hopefully will become a tradition....girls time by the fire. Abby and I got showered/bathed, into jammies and then had chocolate milk and cookies sitting by the fire. She's too young to think it's as special as I do but hopefully in years to come she'll think it's a neat thing.








After the kids went to bed I packed most everything up. We got up early on Thursday, finished packing and were out of town by 9. It was a very quick trip home, probably the fastest one I've ever had. I had such a wonderful time, it was very relaxing to be somewhere besides home, even though it's a lot of work. I love my kids so much and treasure all the memories we're making. I told Jerry on the way home that if our kids love me even half as much as I love them, then that is pretty awesome!

No comments: