Monday, July 7, 2008

Abby is 2!



It has been a busy few days around here. I packed up the kiddos and went to the parade Friday morning. We met some friends there and had great seats thanks to Jerry. It's quite a long parade but Abby did great. She sat in her chair next to Grandma the whole time. The horses, dogs, and tractors were her favorites. Trey did well. He spent most of the parade in a front carrier asleep. He got hungry near the end and Grandma fed him a bottle (he won't take one from me). It was naptime for Abby when we got home and then later our friends came back over for a BBQ and then we all went over to the golf course to watch the fireworks. We got home around 10:30 and got the little ones to sleep. I cleaned up a little bit and then it was off to bed for me too.





The next day we had Abby's birthday party. Thankfully both kids decided to sleep in, so I managed to get a quick clean in and get most of the party preparations done. It was just family coming so I didn't have to do a major cleaning job. We had sandwiches, fruit, potato salad and cake of course. Abby had a good time, she got lots of bubble presents and stickers, two of her most favorite things. Jerry worked a 24 hour shift Sunday so it was nice that Abby had a bunch of new things to occupy herself. I was home all day with the kids but boy did the day go by so fast. Before I knew it bedtime had arrived and off to sleep the babies went. Today is Abby's actual birthday and we got her a tricycle which she loves. She hasn't figured out how to pedal but she likes being pushed.







We have a few days now with not much going on. We leave for vacation on Friday so I'm spending the next few days getting all the laundry done and working on my packing list. It's is amazing the amount of stuff you need for two tiny little people!












No comments: