Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Love/Hate

Let me just say that I really do love being a mother. There is no greater joy on earth than having a child and helping them discover the world. That being said, there are days when it truly is a love/hate relationship. Here's a few of my thoughts for today...

1. I love being around my kids...hate peeing with an audience
2. I love the bond that breastfeeding brings...hate being rudely awakened at 3 am
3. I love to foster Abby's creativity...hate the mess it makes (we tried painting today, what was
I thinking!?)
4. I love little tiny clothes....hate the ENDLESS loads of laundry that must be done to keep said
clothes clean
5. I love to chat with Trey....hate that he pukes on me EVERY time he sits up
6. I love that Abby loves to be near me....hate that she won't let me leave the room without a
long discussion about where I'm going, what I'm doing, and when I'm coming back (sounds
like my teenage years all over again! who's the parent here?!)
7. I love that I am the one who can provide my son with all his nutrition...hate that he is so
ungrateful as to puke up said nutrition 10 times a day!
8. I love Trey's smile....hate it when he smiles just as let-down starts thus getting milk sprayed
all over everything (leading to more laundry, see #4)
9. I love that Trey is so soothed by his swing...hate that batteries don't last very long!
10. I love that I get to stay home for 2 more weeks...hate that I have to go back to work soon!!!!

I do have lovely children and an awesome husband...a maid, free time, a private island, or just the freedom to go potty alone would be lovely too!! :)

No comments: