Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Best Mom Ever!

I'd like to say it's me but the award goes to my mom! I was not having the best of weeks, Abby being one of the main sources of stress. She actually lost a majority of her new presents and her 5 new dollies Sunday night due to some very poor behavior on her part. My mom read my facebook status the next day and offered to take Abby on Tuesday for an overnight. I double/triple/quadruple checked that she was serious about taking on the demon and as the BEST MOM EVER she said it would be her pleasure! She remembers well the days of having a few little ones and how a small break can sometimes be such a blessing! We did not hesitate to take her up on that great offer.
So off Abby went Tuesday afternoon and Jerry and I got to stay home and hang out with just Buddy. He was pretty stoked about having all the attention on him. We puttered around the house and I played a little (or a lot) of Super Mario on the Wii. I don't think Jerry knew he married such a gamer :) Abby had a good time at Grammy's. She just love, love, loves her Gram. From what my mom told me, Abby was pretty well behaved and was up early but was very quiet and played her Leapster on her own for quite a while.
We are having our New Year's Eve gathering tomorrow and went out to do some last minute grocery shopping before Abby got home and boy did Trey have the BEST time hanging out with his mom and dad! He talked so much in the car, usually he can't get a word in with Abby around, and got to ride in the big part of the cart. He thought it was great to pile all the food around himself. It was really nice for us to be able to focus just on him without any distractions and we realized that we almost never get to have 2-on-1 time with him.
My mom dropped Abby off a little after 6 and she had slept the whole way down in the car and was totally ready for bed. She was still not ready to see me and wanted her Grammy to put her to bed, so I got out of doing the whole routine for a second night!!!

No comments: