Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Conversation Overheard

We were all in the car on the way to Mt Vernon the other night to get pizza (I love coupons!) and I was saying to Jerry how hilarious I thought the kids' conversations would be once Trey started talking. It wasn't 5 minutes later when we overheard this particular conversation...

A: Trey, say pizza.
T: Cookie. (he usually says cookie for food)
A: No Buddy. Say peeee-zah.
T: Cookie!
A: No. I said say PEEEEEE-ZAH!
T: COOKIE!
A: *exaspirated* No Buddy, we aren't having cookies tonight. We are going to get pizza. No cookies. Pizza. Mom, can you turn my music on now?

Hmmm. I think it's funnier when you hear the story instead of read the story. You have to pretend to be an ultra-sassy 3-yr-old when you read Abby's end of it. She likes to ask him to say lots of things (that's what Mom does too!) and when he doesn't say it perfectly she asks him over and over to "SAY IT RIGHT!" and when he still doesn't get it she usually gets mad and tells me to make him say it right! It tickles me every time we go through that because she is such a little mommy. I'm sure she'll rope him into playing "school" one day and I bet he'll never get to be the teacher!

No comments: