Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Big Plans to...Nowhere

Jerry is working a 24 hour shift today, his 2nd of three this week (Christmas day is the last one!) so I made the brilliant plan that after work I would come home and finish up a few things for the Gardner family Xmas tomorrow and then take the kids shopping after naps. The kids and I still need to get a few more things for Jerry and since he wouldn't be home at all, today was perfect for our trip. Alas, plans never work out. Trey woke up right after I got home and he was very cuddly1 I thought he was just tired from having such a short nap but as the hours ticked by and he still wasn't moving I came to realize that he just plain wasn't feeling good. Darn! He was running a slight fever but wasn't throwing up or acting like he was in any pain. He was not interested in his bobs at all...he is always ready for a bottle and didn't flinch when I picked a booger out of his nose (always elicits a nice scream) or when I said the word "cookie". Yikes!! I ended up rocking him until 6 or so. I finally got some Tylenol in him and about 7 he was ready for a bottle. He perked up a bit after that but then got tired after a half hour or so. After Abby went to bed, Trey and I rocked a bit more and he fell sound asleep and went to bed no problems. Hopefully he's ready to go for the party tomorrow!

Abby was a super girl too. I think kids now when they really need to behave. This morning I was a passenger on the bus to Crazy Town with her (she is the driver of said bus and also the mayor of Crazy Town!). It was our WORST morning with her to date...and it started at the gloriously early hour of 4 AM! (no that is not a typo!). She certainly redeemed herself by being a quiet little lady this afternoon, playing nicely by herself, not asking for help with anything. She played with her dollies and read her books. She even got hungry and opened up the fridge, found some grapes, got herself a plate and picked a bunch of the stem. Fabulous! I will take happy, self-sufficient Abby over the mayor of Cranky Town anyday!

Here's hoping for a quiet night and maybe I might get to sleep in until, say, 6 tomorrow?!!!

1 comment:

The Neyens Family said...

I hope you have a good Christmas! Steve works today, Christmas Eve. He hasn't had to work on Christmas since he became a firefighter so I am very thankful for that! I actually like Xmas Eve better than Xmas...I think it's the anticipation!!! Either way hate not having Steve around for a holiday...but it's part of the job.