Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Quiet time

Abby is off to Grammy's for the night and Trey is taking a nap before heading out with Jerry to do some Xmas shopping so I'm enjoying a much needed quiet afternoon. I should do something productive but I think I'm going to take a bath (always lovely with no interruptions!) or something else equally relaxing.

It has been busy around here as usual, Jerry had to help at the Clear Lake craft fair Saturday morning, then he helped get the firetruck decorated for the parade. We got the kids all bundled up and watched a short parade in the pouring rain! We did get the kids Christmas pictures done...what a dog and pony show that was! I'm a big believer in bribery and Abby was happy to pose for some yummy chocolate chips. She'd smile or let Trey touch her (a VERY big deal) and in return I'd toss her a chip and we were golden for 3-4 more pictures. Whatever works. I've mailed about half, amazing considering that I rarely, okay never, get them out before the big day, and I'm working on addresses for the other half.


We are starting our festivities on Saturday in Olympia and wouldn't you know it, since it's our only travel day of the season it's supposed to snow! Hopefully it's just a dusting and all the moron drivers stay home! I've gotten a couple people checked off my list, we have a small list this year so it shouldn't take long to shop or wrap...I guess that's the upside to a crappy economy.

Ah, there's the garage door...Jerry's home, time for my bath! And in case you were wondering, I did get the kitchen all clean, while someone else was getting himself all dirty!

pardon the pink bib, it was the closest one

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...your so lucky to have "alone time"!!! And a bath!! I'm so jealous! My parents are supposed to come and get the boys on Monday and keep them until Wednesday...we'll see, it seems to good to be true! Oh, but I envy you right now!!! I'm hope we're getting a Christmas card, can't wait to see them. ~Kristen

Amy Scheib said...

We had lots of fun at the parade too. Even though we were rained on but I guess that is better than being snowed on. Your kids are adorable and I hoped you enjoyed your quiet time.