Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Event 4

Argh, I was doing so well at taking pictures this year of everything we did and then forgot my camera for the one thing I really wanted pictures of! We went up to Bellingham on Tuesday night for the Bauthues Christmas with the extended family. My aunt and uncle and cousin + his family are moving to Texas in the spring and their other two kids live in other states so this was probably our last get-together with them and I so wanted pictures of it! Other people were on the ball and had cameras so hopefully I can snag some pictures later from them but for now it's a pictureless post.

It was great to have everyone there (minus my siblings and their families who were supposed to be on flights other places, which were cancelled, boo!). My cousin Kristy and husband, Bub were able to make it up from San Francisco and I enjoyed visiting with them alot since I rarely get to see them! My aunt Barb cooked a fabulous ham dinner, complete with one of the BEST potato dishes I've ever had. I definitely ate my fill, along with everyone else. Plus, my dad held Trey and Jerry was with Abby so I got to eat in peace at the adult table, very nice. We then got the gifts going and everyone got some yummy and some fun presents. The kids got their stuff out and started playing as soon as everything was unwrapped. It's so great now that the little kids are old enough to get in the spirit of things.

A slippery exit from the driveway and our little family was off to the mall for a "quick" trip to Target. I needed to get stuff for Jerry's stocking so I took Abby with me while Trey stayed with Jerry in the truck. There were a hundred people in there and nothing, absolutely nothing, left on the shelves. 45 minutes later I found enough stuff to fill his stocking and Abby had picked out a present for dad and baby Trey. We made it home by 10:30 and the kids were down for the count.

No comments: