Wednesday, October 1, 2008

No Mommy, No!!!

Yesterday when I got home from work I was definitely not welcomed with hugs and kisses. Abby hollered and cried saying "No, Mommy. No!" over and over while clutching Grammy. Then Grammy had to go and Abby clung to her like a little koala bear and wouldn't let go so Grammy kindly said she'd put her in bed for her much needed nap. I was told by Miss Cranky Pants not to come upstairs at all...no problem. Grammy read her a book or two and she was out like a light. When she woke up 3 hours later she was in better spirits but I was still not a super welcome sight. I told her that we could go to the store when Dad got home and that seemed to calm the waters. A long trip to Lowe's (Bumpa's store!) and Costco (does everyone we know shop there on payday?!) and we were home. When it was time for bed I managed to get her settled down enough to go to sleep and told her that I had to work the next day...she was very excited that Grammy was going to be back again. I'm chopped liver I guess.

Today she was still not quite happy to see me but Grammy had talked to her and Abby promised she wouldn't yell and cry when I got home. Good job Gram! Hopefully she won't be too disappointed that I don't have to work tomorrow and it'll be me here in the morning. At least I'm still the favorite over Jerry! (poor Dad!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I asked Wayne for a kiss the other day, and he tipped his cheek my way. But after I gave him a peck, he wiped it off and said "Yucky Mommy!" I turned to Tyler and told him it was time to have another.