Thursday, October 9, 2008

busy day

Yesterday was a busy day for me and hardly any of it involved the kids. I went to work in the morning and then had to go to downtown Mt. Vernon to the health department to get my food permit renewed. Forty minutes, $10, and a ridiculously easy test later the state of Washington has deemed me safe to handle food. Neat. Then I drove to the bank to deposit a check and got stuck behind the slowest person EVER. I finally made it home just as Abby was going down for a nap. Trey and I hung out for the next two hours together...fussy hours, not fun hours and he finally went down for a nap just after 4. I did a couple things around the house and watched some Oprah then got myself ready for my first night of volleyball in 18 months. I play on a parks & rec team on Wednesdays and Fridays in the fall. I made it to the gym about 5 minutes late and it was apparent that taking that much time off and having another baby did nothing for my skills! The first game was rough...and that's putting it nicely. On the upside, nobody else had played since March so we were all a little rusty. My team played for an hour and then I played another hour as a fill-in on another team. I miss playing and it was really fun to get back on the court. I got home close to 9 and Abby was asleep, I barely saw her all day! Trey had fallen asleep on Jerry but woke up when I walked in...I think he could smell his food! I fed him and thought he might go back to sleep...not a chance. I finally gave up at 10:30 and Jerry put him to sleep...for the first time since he was born!!! How lovely was that for me?!!
Speaking of baby Trey...he's not much of a baby anymore. He has two pairs of size 12 month jammies and I've been avoiding putting him in them even though I thought they might fit. I want him to stay little just a while longer. But not doing laundry for days made it necessary to put him in the big jammies...which fit perfectly, they are not big at all. Time to buy more I guess!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I did the same with Weston's jammies... but one morning I went to get him out of bed, and all the snaps had busted open and his legs were bare!