Monday, August 10, 2009

Ocean Shores: The Rest of the Story

Faithful readers, we are travelling back to the middle of July for this post. I can't believe how far behind I am in my blogging! I do keep a running blog in my mind but I have been terrible on the execution end of things. Summer is just a difficult time, we have no real routine, every week has a completely different schedule than the one before, it was way too hot to blog for awhile, all sorts of reasons my bloggin has sucked, but today I will do my best to catch you all up on the Gardner family!

Our week in Ocean Shores was so fun! We swam, played on the beach a lot, went to the movies, went shopping in town, relaxed and enjoyed some good family time. Mid-week we came upon a little no-legged visitor. His buddies came to see us a few years back but I was too slow with the camera that year. This year I managed to catch a shot of my serpentine friend. He blends well but you can see him in the middle of the picture...I promise, it's not just a picture of grass!

Abby and the Holmes' girls enjoying an ice-cream snack, aren't they cute?! Abby and Tanna Jerry and Abby flying the kiteone of my favorite pictures

My cousin Kristi also joined us at the beach for a few days since she lives fairly close by and we rarely get to see each other. Abby was in love with Kristi and started referring to her as "My other mommy". So cute! While she was visiting we even got to go out and see Harry Potter while Jerry stayed with the kids, very fun!
Teachers read stories the best!
Abby was acting so ridiculous one night, must have been from all the swimming
Nothing as pretty as a sunset at the beach!



Trey did very well without his highchair. At home he tends to throw food everywhere and make a giant mess when he's in the booster seat so I was happy with how it went.
Abby was so excited that I remembered to bring her art stuff. That girl loves to create!
Her favorite pool....only a foot deep. Go figure
You can't shop in Ocean Shores without also hitting the ice cream shop!
Watching Ice Age 3!!
Another random sand picture. I think I was still finding sand in the tub 4 days after we got home....do I really want to know where it was hiding??? No.
I spent a lot of my time there reading books...guess who was watching??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course, the first picture you listed is my personal favorite........:). Mom