Monday, August 10, 2009

Annual SWFD Officer's Picnic

On the last Monday in July we went to the annual picnic for the fire department. What a change from last year to this year for Trey. He went from being stuck in his car seat....

to playing in the bouncy house. What a difference a year makes! Abby headed straight for the bouncy house and stayed in there until I MADE her get out to eat.

BBQ'd salmon, dogs, burgers...yummy
Abby decided to try cutting up her own hot dog, and she was so serious about it.
Trey stole my fork the second we sat down and started helping himself to what was on my plate. He's getting less picky as the days go by.
Our neighbor "Auntie Erin" (the fire chief's better half too!) was there, she's one of Abby's very, very favorite people!
Jerry helped the kids put the "fire" out on the playhouse.

FFA - Future Firefighters of America!!
Trey liked sticking his hand in the spray and Abby was thrilled that I allowed her to play with a sucker in her mouth. I know, living dangerously right?!
Abby did decide to try out the slip-n-slide. As you can see, I was sure she wouldn't want to so I didn't bring her swimsuit. Undies are fine when you're 3 though. The soap was all gone so she didn't slide down, she scooted down inch by inch on her butt which I'm pretty sure was fine with her. The last time I put her on it, I set her where all the other kids had gone and she flew down, then sat in the puddle at the bottom bawling her eyes out....and then we went home.

No comments: