Sunday, September 28, 2008

Family Reunion

My mom, the kids and I went to Olympia yesterday for the Rogers' Family Reunion (my mom's side) and had ourselves a great time. We planned to leave my house around 10 and managed to get going by 10:15...not bad. Abby watched part of a movie and then both kids fell asleep. There was no traffic to speak of and we made it down to my aunt's house around 12:30. It was a pretty small group this year but I still enjoy seeing everyone. It's a very interesting family, lots of stories about when they were young that always make me laugh. We had a delicious potluck/BBQ and Abby got her tummy filled with olives and chips...a two-year-olds delight.
My cousin Emily and her friend Riann (sorry! not sure how her name is spelled) were so fabulous, they just played and played with Abby...even letting her paint. She was pretty much in love with those two girls and it was so hard to get her in the car when it was time to go. Trey was a doll as well. He didn't fuss once the entire day and was ooohed and aaaahed over by everyone...I mean, who doesn't love a cute and happy baby?!

The return trip was equally nice. Trey slept until Everett and then was crying the most pathetic little cry the rest of the way home. Once he was out of his carseat though, he was a happy little bugger again. Abby fell asleep in the car and I took her upstairs, got her in jammies, and she went right back to sleep. I love how easy she is! Hopefully we have another reunion next year and get to visit the gang again...and my aunt's house is just so lovely that I could visit all the time!! Maybe next time I go I'll get a few pictures of it so you can all marvel at it's gorgeousness.
Molly and Simon

Connie, Aunt Sally, Neva (she's in her 80's and looks FABULOUS!)

Bruce and Uncle Bud

Emily, Abby, Riann

Fingerpainting...brave girls

hands in the air!

No comments: