Friday, September 5, 2008

A Good Week

Even with the start of school, it has been a good week around here. The kids have been sleeping very well. Abby woke up at 6 this morning, I could hear her looking at a book on the monitor. I didn't go get her until after 7 (6 is just an unreasonable time to be up!) and I asked her why she was up so early. She told me she woke up to read her possum book, it's a new favorite of hers. I think she'll be a reader just like her mama! Trey has been sleeping in most days until after 9, which is so great. He's been going to bed later, closer to 10 than 9 but I can work with that when he sleeps in so long and he rarely wakes up at night anymore...woohoo! Abby had a playdate with Anicia yesterday and they actually played nicely together. Usually they are quite territorial about their toys and don't share but Abby was nice and let Anicia play with some of her animals and the bunny house. Good times! The Big Lake Elem. parent group put on a start-of-year potluck last night (they do it every year) so I took the kids out to that. I dressed Trey so cute...he looked like such a little old man! He doesn't have any jeans that fit so I thought I'd raid Abby's closet to see if anything would fit. I found a pair of 12-18 month Old Navy jeans that weren't bit at all on him (a little long but not baggy!). He's such a big boy! Tonight we have big family plans...we are going GROCERY SHOPPING!!! It's the only kind of shopping I like. I love to peruse all the aisles and ponder what I would buy if I actually liked cooking...or vegetables. Plus, there is nothing like finding an excellent sale on something you don't really need...cookies, ice cream, etc! Here's some pictures of the last few days also...I know it's what everyone really looks on here for!
See, he does have a neck!

telling Anicia all about the bunny house!

Anicia getting in some big-sister practice!

She may be longer...but he's wider!

giving brother some loves

those cheeks, oh my!

No comments: