Friday, June 27, 2008

What a day!

It's barely 3 pm and what a day it has been! We relaxed in bed this morning with the kids until 8:30 which was nice, then we all got up and ready for the day. Jerry took Rusty to the groomers, he needed it terribly bad, and then went off to run some errands and do some things at school. I got Abby dressed and was brushing her hair before the daily pigtails and found a flea on her head...gross! I haven't seen the animals scratching at all so I hope they just brought one in from outside. But Rusty's blankets went in the wash and Jerry is picking up some flea medicine today for the pets. So far I've just seen the one but how nasty is that? Makes my head itch just thinking about it! I decided after that to take the kiddos to the coffee stand for a much needed iced drink and got in a fender-bender on the way. It was my fault but it was under 5 miles an hour...no damage to her car, little dent in my license plate. We pulled over and I saw she had zero damage and thought that would be it but the lady pulled out this card that said what to do in an accident and so she asked for all my info. I told her I didn't see any damage to her car and she said that her shoulder hurt and she wasn't sure if it would get worse in the next 24 hours...what a crock. My kids didn't even notice that we hit anything so I think she was just looking for some $!! People these days. So I called 911 and had the ambulance come out to check on her and the sheriff came to write a report...now she can't claim anything totally ridiculous. Seriously...under 5 miles an hour, how bad can you get hurt?? Anyway, that took forever to get through...but I still got my coffee afterwards.

We got home around 11:45 and Abby and I decided to go "swimming" in her pool. She thinks that standing outside it swishing her hands in the water and playing with toys is swimming. It was fun but the water hadn't warmed up too much yet, we'll try again after her nap, maybe she'll actually get IN the water!

Trey is taking a nap in his crib right now...his first one I believe. We are putting him in his bouncy seat (baby papasan chair) and he seems to like sitting up more than laying flat. If he makes it an hour in there I will be so happy.

After all this maybe the rest of the day will be quiet!

No comments: