Monday, June 2, 2008

Blog Beginning!

Ah, the first posting! Our family is finally complete after the arrival of Trey and it seems like a good time to start an online journal to document our lives. It will be fun to look back on this and see how our lives change in the coming months/years.

Trey is now 17 days old and what an adventure it has been so far. He's an absolute joy to have in the house. He's pretty mellow and really only cries when he's hungry (which is most of the time!). He is growing so fast, no surprise since all he does is eat. I'm looking forward to seeing his personality emerge but also relishing these first days, they're never this small again! He has an awesome big sister in 22 month-old Abby. She likes to help me out...most of the time, and is starting to like baby brother a bit more each day. She gives him kisses and tries to hug him a lot. But she is missing having her momma all to herself. So far she hasn't acted out much, which I am so grateful for.

Last night was my first test as a mom of two kids under two. Abby had a minor diaper rash but was crying hysterically and acting like she was in enormous pain. We thought she may be developing a bladder infection and made an appointment for today with the doctor. It was hours of consoling her before she finally fell asleep. I felt so bad for her as there was nothing I could do to help her much. Thankfully she slept all night. As soon as she was asleep though Trey decided it was his turn to be fussy. He had terrible gas or reflux (not sure which) and cried for an hour or so straight. By 11 pm I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open and thankfully Jerry came home and stayed up with Trey until he finally fell asleep. Early bird children that they are, Trey was up by 5 am and Abby wasn't far behind. So I got an early (very early) shower, bathed and dressed the kids, fed them, packed up all their stuff, fed Trey again, changed some diapers, got them in car seats and made it to Abby's doctor on time! Little trooper that girl is! She had to have a catheter put in so they could check her urine for an infection and she was so brave. Thankfully she is a-okay. Trey slept through the whole appointment, but little did he know that his turn was coming up. He has his 2 week visit tomorrow and will be getting circumcised...but the good news is I don't have to take Abby with me!

So far I'm feeling capable as a mom of two and hopefully that feeling continues as they grow!

No comments: