Thursday, June 26, 2008

mother's guilt!

I like to think I'm a pretty great mom, putting my kids needs above my own and all that, but this morning I was selfish! Trey has been refusing the bottle at night and since he won't be soothed with a pacifier it's up to me to nurse/soothe him. This makes for a very late bedtime for me every night (11-ish lately). I still have to get up once in the middle of the night for a quick feeding and then he's up around 4:30 or so for another feeding. He never goes back to sleep after this in his crib (I've tried, and tried, and tried) so I take him into bed and he sleeps there. Abby has been waking up early for a couple months, and by early I mean before 7 am! So for me there's not much sleep happening. Jerry had to be up at 6:30 to get ready for a meeting this morning and he changed Abby and put a movie on for her so that I could get a little more rest. Well, this turned into a lot more rest!! She watched the entire movie and then read some books while I dozed. Bless her little heart she didn't complain about being left alone for that long at all. I feel so guilty for not getting up early with her but boy do I feel so much more refreshed!

No comments: