Thursday, November 6, 2008

Election Wrap-up

I promised just the one election post but here's just one more...this is it, for real. And for anyone who knows Jerry, he did not right this, nor does he agree with me on politics, all points of view are strictly my own.

I am so thrilled that Obama won the election!! Our country was/is in desperate need of a fresh, new beginning. I feel incredible hope for our country now that we have a steady, intelligent, rational leader. I thought that John McCain's concession speech was terribly gracious and that it reminded us all of what kind of American he is...not what his campaign made him become. Obama's speech was so uplifting and I may have shed a tear or two. It's refreshing to finally have a president who looks and acts like one. I've never been so passionate about politics before but there was a movement in this country I think that hasn't been present for a very long time. People were so ready to see our nation progress in the world and not continue to hold onto outdated ideals that we elected a black president...finally. As my sister said, we are only a few years behind 24 in that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still dancing around the house with a lampshade on my head!!! I am so hopeful for our country once again. Momma Bear

Anonymous said...

Totally agree!! GObama!!