Thursday, June 17, 2010

SCHOOL'S OUT!!!!

Jerry's last day of the 09-10 school year wrapped up this afternoon and we could not be more excited!! While he will still be working 2-4 days a week at his other jobs, he doesn't have all the stress that school brings for the next few months. It feels like we can breathe again!! He has a double-header for softball tonight and then other than a get-together with friends Saturday we have ZERO PLANS until I go back to work Tuesday. We haven't had this much time together without an agenda probably since last summer!!!

In other news, Trey has a slight skin infection near his eye (the dr. thinks so at least) so he's started a 7-day course of antibiotics for that. He doesn't seem bothered at all by the bump and it doesn't seem painful at all which is good. He has decided that he is now scared of EVERYTHING. He ran into the kitchen the other day saying "I scared mama, I scared". Seriously, it's getting old. But Abby went through the exact same thing at the exact same age so at least I was prepared this time. He was getting extra cuddles at night and now thinks that he needs someone to lay down with him every time he goes to bed. Well, no way, I say. That is just not in my parenting plan. He gets tucked in, a story if he wants, a little cuddle and hug/kiss and that's it. So I let him cry himself to sleep for his nap and now he has been crying for 25 minutes upstairs. It only takes a day or so to break a sleep habit with our kids so I'm letting it go. But I still hate to hear my little buddy cry!

I've still been baking a bit. The kids helped me make chocolate chip cookies last night. They're so cute and work so well together, letting each other take turns with no fighting! Tonight I made a double batch of the low fat brownies, most of which I'm packing up to send with a friend since she is taking her family on a road trip to California. She didn't have the time before she left to make them so I volunteered because, let's face it, I LOVE TO BAKE!!! It is my hobby, it's relaxing and everything always tastes really good!! And since this was my second time making the brownies they turned out even better than the first...I dare say they turned out PERFECT. Go me.

And this is just for my memory since I know you all don't care but I have been doing a decent job at making dinners most nights, doing the dishes daily and keeping the floor picked up and the laundry done. HOWEVER, I have had stacks of folded laundry on my table for over 2 weeks that has yet to be put away. I keep adding to it when I wash stuff and taking things out of piles to wear. It's getting to be kind of funny at this point. I do rather like looking through a pile than finding stuff in drawers and closets. Just seems easier!!

No comments: