Saturday, June 5, 2010

Hello Sunshine!

After a disastrous morning I sent the kids out for some much needed fresh air and space to get away from one another. I set up the tunnel thing outside. We had drinks and played for a bit, got worn out, came inside for lunch and took decent naps. I had all the doors open (back, front and garage) and locked Rusty up so he wouldn't run away and I managed to get a bunch of laundry folded...without losing a kid outside!! Nobody ran away or got hurt. YAY! I guess not having a fenced yard won't be the death of me.
After naps it was back outside. I took some patio chairs out for myself and made a nice little area to read my book while the kids played...and played...and played. I filled them up with homemade popsicles and tons of watermelon. For awhile it was up the ladder, grab a piece of melon, eat it while going down the slide, repeat! After a few hours I thought it was best we came in. Poor Trey was so lathered up with sunscreen but I still worry about his super fair skin. I'm really hoping that they burned off all their energy and after dinner and baths, will be ready for an early bedtime. Before 8 would be so great!

Watermelon in the clubhouse!
They just look like a couple kids who needed some outdoor time, don't they?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I did the same with our three kids Megan, and they were all in an outdoor induced stupor by bedtime. I have found that there is nothing like sunshine and the backyard to tire them out!

What's your popsicle recipe?